"The Cream Puff"

"The Cream Puff"
"The Cream Puff" was shown by request @ Liberty Art Gallery, Long Beach Ca. April '12

Monday, March 23, 2015

Beader, Biker, BadAss!

    This is my partner for the very first Bead Peeps Swap & Hop challenge, Lori Alainn Blanchard.

    And this is my partner on wheels! 

Lori is 29 years old, and lives in Columbus, Ohio with her husband of 7 years, and her 5 furbabies (2 cats and 3 dogs). 
    She's originally from a very small town in Connecticut called Harwinton, in Litchfeld county. 
    Incidentally, I'm actually somewhat familiar with the area, as my parents lived about an hour away from there for many years. My dad and I once took a leisurely afternoon drive throughout most of the New England states, and drove right through there, stopping at quite a few of the antique / junk shops along the side of the highway. 
   In yet another coincidence, my parents left Connecticut, moving to Ohio as well. I never did get to Columbus when I was there though. They lived up near Solon, in Amish country, which is actually much closer to Cleveland than Columbus. 
   Lori is not my original partner for the Swap & Hop. Unfortunately, my original partner had to bow out due to both a personal, and family health crisis. Can hardly blame her while trying to deal with the double whammy. I do wish her well and hope that all turns out positive for her. 
    Lori is actually the angel that stepped in to take over. Which means she's now juggling two partners. 
    Her other partner is Stephanie Haussler of Pixybug designs. What a coincidence that she would end up with 2 pixies!
    Stephanie already did an intro on Lori that touches on her softer domestic side. So I thought it would be fun to share her "Bad Girl" persona with you. 

     The first thing about Lori that really stood out to me is that she rides a motorcycle. How cool is that!
    I've never even been on a bike in my life, but my best friend's dad rode a motorcycle when we were kids, and that sparked a lifetime love affair with a Harley Davidson fantasy. 
    Now Lori doesn't ride a Harley. It's actually a vintage 1984 Honda Magna 1100. (Boy does that make me feel old to call something from my high school days vintage.) But it is a real motorcycle, not one of those "crotch rockets" the kids like to race around on.
    Check out this totally awesome black leather vest that she wears when she rides.
       Raven is her biker name, and she did all that amazing bead work on the back of her vest. 

    Which brings me to the second thing about Lori that really stands out to me, her incredible patience. Although she claims she's not, you really have to be to do this kind of incredibly detailed bead work. 


 Is this just mind blowing, or what?
   We're a little behind schedule getting the beads out, as I've just met my new partner a week ago. She was actually really quick and I've already received my beads. I'm waiting to open my package though so that it doesn't influence the stash I'm sending to her. I'm working on something special for her that's almost finished and should be shipping out very soon. I'll post stash pictures as soon as she receives them.
        You can read more about Lori's design work on her blog, and you'll find a few of her beautifully detailed bead work pieces of jewelry for sale in her etsy shop
Until then....


Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson


1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog post Kelly! You painted an amazing picture of your partner!

    ReplyDelete